Sunday, November 22, 2009

Apollo the Sun God


If I were to be anyone in The School of Athens painting, I would be Apollo, The Sun God. Apollo was a man that was supportive of all arts. He was the son of the Greek God Zeus and had a twin sister Artemis, goddess of of hunting and wild life. Apollo was an over achiever and set high stantards in his life. I love to do well and achieve my goals in sports and school. Apollo was also a risk taker and extremely courageous. When Apollo was only four years old, he rescued his mother Hera from the giantic serpent- Python that was haunting her and giving her absolute pain while she was pregnent with Apollo and succesfully killed the Python. I am always helping others in tricky situations and 'healing' them with my words. I take risks to help myself and others. Apollo had many intellectual pursuits. I don't enjoy small talk, I like to see the bigger picture and different ways of doing things. I think deeply in significant issues. At the moment, I am in the Global Issues Network and am intrigued by all the new thoughts, ideas and what is happening around us. Like Apollo, I enjoy entertaining people with jokes and sharing my new skills and what I have to say. Apollo was a very talented man and was involved in many activities. I'm always busy doing either sports, music, art, or nurturing people. I love life even though I don't always feel that I am on a magnificant golden chariot being pulled by swans, I am still determined to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment